2019 Alumni Scholarships
The purpose of the Take a Hike Alumni Scholarship is to provide financial support to students or their dependents who have an interest in attending or are currently attending post-secondary education. Four Scholarship Awards have been established to broadly support post-secondary education and further support Take a Hike alumni and their families.
For dependents who are minors, you may also apply for education or mental health supports, or outdoor activities that would support the well-being of your youth.
Up to four undergraduate scholarship awards are available in amounts up to $2000. Awards are for one year only. All scholarship awards will be paid directly to the recipients upon presentation of receipts or invoice.
1. Applicants must be a Take a Hike alumni, not necessarily a graduate of the program, or their dependent.
2. Applicants must be able to provide proof of payment, invoice, and proof of enrollment to be eligible to apply.
The Take a Hike Alumni Scholarships are awarded without regard to race, sex, religion, age, national origin or sexual orientation. TAH will not award scholarships to applicants who are not qualified and reserves the right not to award a scholarship.
1. TAH Alumni or dependent
2. Student essay
3. Proof of payment, enrollment and/or invoice
To be considered for a TAH Alumni Scholarship Award, applicants must complete an application and return it to TAH by November 1, 2019. The application must include:
1. A completed application form (below). Only completed application forms will be considered.
2. A letter of recommendation from a TAH staff member.
3. If applicable, an official college transcript for the last two years including GPA.
4. A one-page (500 words or less) statement about how Take a Hike has helped prepare you for the next steps in your education, and how the tertiary course/program you’re enrolled in or interested in will help you achieve your goals.
All four of the above items must be submitted before the application will be considered (if you are the dependent of a Take a Hike alumni, or you are in your first year of post-secondary, item 3 can be omitted).
Complete this application and submit it, with the other required docs, by email to Sevan Kadian, email@example.com, by November 1st, 2019.